Wednesday, February 08, 2006







Jon, me and Phil @ the red sea, just before Jon was to take to the stage..er...Persian rugged playing area... Yeah, Persian rugged playing area.

Well today was the first day that I didn't have to drag myself out of my warm bed at 6:30 in a long while, and it was WONDERFUL! However the day was full of running errands and doing miscellaneous tasks. I have to say that despite my complaining about working in general, I found myself restless to be busy with something. I think that the time I spent working at Architectural Design Guild in addition to the time I worked at Chrisopher's was good for me, helped to keep my brain busy and ultimately from fretting too much over my departure. But now that I have nothing to do but pack up my belongings, things have gotten a little more stressful. It's amazing how hard I have to think when packing for the upcoming 6 months. I suppose that the truly important things that I bring are my passport and a sense of humor. Both of which are on a list among other random objects and articles of clothing.
I find myself looking forward to the upcoming days before I leave thinking to myself "I can't wait until Friday when I go on the beer tour with everyone" or "I can't wait 'till Saturday to see my family" but as the words "I can't wait..." Cross my mind I think them over again. I should consume and embrace every second, not wishing them away. I have really enjoyed being at home with my good friends and my great family, and I wouldn't want to spend my remaining time at home wishing to be anywhere else but with the people I love. So while I am excited to embark on my journey, I can wait, I will enjoy taking it slow and steady.(I hope they the next four days are the longest of my life.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home