Tuesday, February 14, 2006


Lacock village


roman bath and bath cathedral


christ church


the rocks

I have made it! I am currently in England, just 30 min. outside of Oxford! It is amazing! After landing in London we boarded a bus bound of Oxford. We were slamed right way with British culture, including roundabouts and kebabs. We toured different colleges at Oxford University and meandered through Christ church, which was beautiful. Adding to the atmosphere were the sounds of someone practicing hymns on the organ, a truly spiritual moment. After which we made the journey to Cally and Lee Wingfield's home just outside of Oxford, we were greeted by a home cooked meal and the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in, especially after that never ending day, it was great.

Today our group journeyed through three cities, Salisbury, Lacock and Bath. We saw as my sister would say "the pile of rocks" Stonehenge. In Lacock we toured and old time village and Abby St. Cyriacs. In Bath we walked trough the high street, saw the Cathedral, and the Roman baths.

Tomorrow we make our way to London, to take the train to Brighton to see my old roommate Kristin! I can’t wait to see al the wonderful sight the city by the channel has to offer! Until then I hope you all are doing well and shoot me an e-mail sometime at lmi8899@ksu.edu.

1 Comments:

Blogger emily said...

exactly what I think of when I hear of England...good work

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home