Saturday, March 04, 2006

this morning about 10:00 lastnight (20:15) looking out my window on to the beautiful parking lot below, I think mack's exact words were, don't fall out the window, because i don't know how to say "i need to ship a dead body to the states" in Czech.
Well the weekend has finally made it here, it’s about noon here in Prague and only about 5 am in the states so I guess it has made it there too. The week started off a bit shaky but as the week progressed it got better. So in short finding classes are getting easier, my ipod still only has 387 songs on it and my throat feels normal again. I guess everyone is bound to have a bad day now and again, but as they say life goes on.
So I think I have made my final decisions which classes to take! It has been hard picking and choosing between all the different art courses they offer here but I think the ones I have committed to will be a lot of fun and help me to become a better visual communicator, [right]. But so far they include: Studio, History of Architecture II a study of 14th and 15th century architecture, Art in Architecture, Czech culture, Computer Graphics, Sculpture and possibly Photography. So it will be a busy semester full of different and exciting projects.
Today I think some of the girls and I will venture out into the snow and get some of our laundry done at “Laundry King.” I know I am ready to have a pair of jeans that isn’t caked in mud from the ankle to the knee. For some reason I have mud smeared on the inside pant leg starting at the ankle that goes all the way to where my knee is, how I have no idea. And it’s not one pair of jeans its all of my jeans all four pairs. So long story short it’s time to clean those suckers. According to the map it isn’t too far, only two train stops and a switch...maybe we will have to look again just to make sure.Also many of us are preparing our slides for our presentation to the entire International Student Club about the United States. Last week the Czech Students game a 30 minute presentation about the Czech Republic, and now it is our turn to share all the wonder and splendor that is the United States. We plan on even distributing some American goodies, like Mac and Cheese, s’mores, jell-o, Pb and J and some other stuff. It was difficult to think of classic American foods that foreigners might not know or didn’t come from other cultures, not to mention the availability of the ingredients…so that is the best we could come up with. Hopefully it will run smoothly and won’t put people to sleep

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home