Monday, April 03, 2006



senior pictures at the Praha Zoo

no worries there was glass


look at these animals

do you think he was fooled...nice desert.

this guy was a stud, all he needs is a tux.


polar bears!!! they were hungry.

While my roommate was off exploring the Greece, I stayed home and worked on homework. Boring I know, but sadly the truth. However since it was the weekend and all work and no play makes people really unhappy, the remaining KSU girls and I headed out to the Praha Zoo.
I think the idea originally came while Laura Torres and I were sitting at Bohemian Bagel, overlooking the damage we had just done to a colossal stack of pancakes, bacon, hash browns and, for Laura, eggs. Our bellies were full and out belt buckles were bulging, but pancakes, or even breakfast for that matter on a Saturday morning was a rarity and a treat. It was a really pretty Saturday, the sun was shining and it was slightly warmer than the day before. As we were making our way back to the tram stopped we were surrounded in men and women in spandex shorts and sharp looking running shoes. Apparently we had stumbled across the starting line for the Praha 10 K. GREAT. That was all I needed at that point, after stuffing myself silly and seeing these dedicates athletes, I decided I need to move around walk more before I headed back to the dorm room to work on school work.
After convincing Laura, Allison, and Annie [which wasn't hard] we headed to the metro station and jumped on the green line, transferred to the red line and took it all the way to Nádraží Holešovice where we caught bus 112, which delivered us right to the zoo's door step. The entire trip took us abominutesinuets to get to the zoo, a little long considering that it takes 20 min to get to the zoo at home, but I guess we didn't have to worry about parking! At any rate we strolled through the park and looked at all the strange new animals and were pretty happy when we could identify the ones we recognized from back home.
The zoo is kind of a small one with little habitats for the animals to live in. Sometimes the animals looked really cramped in their fenced off areas. One interesting thing about the zoo was that people were allowed to bring in their dogs. No joke it was weird, to see people and there dogs just looking at other animals, I kind of felt like I was living in the twilight zone. At one point we stacross acorss the German wolf display, in front of it there was a couple watching along with their bull dog. Once the wolf caught a glimpse of the bull dog, it was on. The dog was taunting the poor wolf by growling and kind of charging at the fenced in area. The wolf, not happy about his new spectator, got up from where it was resting and cautiously made his way near the front where the dog was. Pacing back and forth the wolf gave the dog some pretty intense glares, but soon must have realized there was no point to even reacting to the dog, since he [the wolf] was the one behind the fence.
We continued on and saw all the typical zoo animals, zebras, elephants, penguins and leopards, not to mention many many more. We spend four point five hours at the zoo I think. But it was time well spent in the sunny warm weather.

After our excursion I wish i could say that I went right home and worked on my presenuntil untill i was satisfied, however once again not so much the case. But in the end it got done and presentations went well...but that is another story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home