Thursday, August 10, 2006


Well it is safe to say that i am half way packed! I make the first trip back to Manhattan in a few short hours, [9 if you want to get technical.] So far I have mostly just school stuff, studio and computer stuff... not so much actual room, clothing or other can't-live-withouts, those will have to wait till next Friday.


This weekend I head to Manhattan for a night, then bust a move down to Wichita for Jon and Sam’s wedding. Then I head back to the little apple to pay for my education and choose my studio professor for the up coming year.


I am so excited to see my house again; it has been far too long. I have to say that being in my room is one of the most amazing feelings in the world. Everything about it makes me feel so comfy. The light green walls, the old dresser from Grandpa Indihar’s house, the borrowed bed from my aunt Joyce, and even the fiberboard desk from Wal-Mart. It is a little strange to be going back for my last year. it doesn't seem right that four years can come and go this fast. And maybe this last year will drag, seem to go on for eternity, but we all know that this, the last year will fly by faster than any other one has before.


It didn't seem all to long ago that I was sitting on the wooden benches on the third floor of the west wing of Seaton [freshman zone] hearing dean law say "this is 1 out of 10, and the rest will be more work, longer hours and pass by in a blink of an eye." But i just couldn’t wait to be on the east side with all the rest of the architecture students, not stuck on the west side with engi-nerds. Now I am working on 9 out of 10 and I will sit in the best studios on the east side...its' good to be king!

There have been so many upper class man that I have looked up to over the years, hoped that I could be like them one day. With clever designs, articulate descriptions and just all around awesomeness. I of course never told those people how I saw them or their work, or just how I wanted to be them, but now I am in their position. As I approach this year I wonder if there are any youngsters out there that see me the way that I saw so many others.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home