Friday, June 16, 2006

The time has come for me to say good-bye, or Na shledanou. My parents are whisking away my computer and leaving me with nothing but my Zadie Smith book and sketchbook...a good thing, a very good thing. During my parents stay we got to see some really interesting and beautiful things and were able to explore some parts of the city that I have been holding off on. In short I lead them on a city walking tour that took us to some of the biggest sights in Prague, made them walk up a steep and long path up to the castle as opposed to taking the tram to the main entrance of the castle (woops…who knew the 22 went up there), and meandered through some great museums. And in return they took me out to dinner at some of the most mouthwatering restaurants in the hottest spots in town, and forced me to go on senior citizens [not really] boat cruise + bus tour, which when it was all said and done it was pretty cool. In our small group of 10, including the guide) there were some interesting characters on the boat. An ancient Canadian couple who were kicking butt and taking names, a couple that I am sure had an interesting but mysterious background (one from New York, and one from Norway, whom meet on a cruise ship…apparently) and a mother and daughter team, from Australia. The mother of this duo was so cute and little, and had to be at least 68-75 and was from Hong Kong. We had a really nice conversation about the different travels she had been on throughout her life. She seriously has been everywhere, and had some really great stories that I enjoyed immensely! She made me want to explore the world so much more! She said that while her friends spent much money on nice cars and big homes, she spent it on travel and seeing as many different places as possible. And I couldn’t agree more; memories and experience is priceless and will always retain their value. Different cultures are fascinating to me and I hope that this is the beginning of a lifetime learning and discovery.

Yup those are the heads of my parents climbing to the top of the Prague Castle; it was a nice WARM day for such a climb. [Who needs a tram when you have two legs and two feet?]

Jewish cemetery, people are stacked 12 deep in some spots others 8.

Mom got blessed by the birds of Prague; it is good luck I swear! [I bet she is going to loooove this being up on here]

I had to carry this old man and his walker up to the top of that tower [grin]


I was so happy to have my parents come to Praha and visit me, see this wonderful city that I have been so lucky to live in for the past four some-odd months. It was really fun to be able to share all that I had learned here with them, including trying to teach my dad how to say a few basic phrases like Dekuji [thanks] and pivo prosim [beer please]. I just wanted to thank them for all their support and love; it means more to me than anything else in the entire world. I really hope that they had a great time and that this young little whippersnapper didn't tucker them out too badly, [wink].

Despite not having a computer for the next two and a half weeks I will try my hardest to keep some info up to date! Hope everyone is doing well and will be happy to see everyone back in the STL when I get home in July! Miss you guys! And gals!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home