Thursday, February 01, 2007

We Built this Philly!

Our project for the semester is a James Turrell and a Mark Rothko Museum, in the heart of Philadelphia! For this project we as a class built two models, I personally worked on the 1"=100'-0" model while another group worked on the 1"=16'-0" scaled model. Here are some photos of the process. I got to cut most of the pieces for our model, which means I got to use a chop saw... a lot, and I got to use the drill bits that Dad gave me for Christmas! SWEET!What was not sweet is when my knuckle got caught on the belt sander and I sanded down my flesh... yikes. Everything is made out of MDF and for the most part gets the job done. The big holes/blanks that you will see are the sites for the Rothko+Turrell Museum. These models to about a week to a week and a half to create, you wouldn't think that it would take that long but boy oh boy does it ever.


completed first: 1:100 model, My team was on top of it



Our site is located on 20th and Market, it's that blank little bit between the two sky scrapers



Partially completed 1:16 model, it was huge
[Can you tell where i sit, check out my blues calender , thanks Monica]


wow Charlie with a saw...
Texas chainsaw massacre, more like Manhattan circular saw massacre


build crew getting down and dirty



there she is the Site Model for Philly, i think it is about a head shorter than i am...can you imagine?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home