Monday, April 09, 2007

I don't know what it is about the East Coast that makes it feel like home, but it does.

As I told you last time I visited a firm and Baltimore last week. And even from the little time that I spent there I really enjoyed the city. You can see the beginning of some new development happing right on the bay. And the start of something new in the downtown area. I am hoping that my friend Julia..yeah that is you, will reconsider Rohde Isalnd and give Baltimore a second thought. You were the only one I knew there and well now you are the only person I really know in RI.


The firm that I spoke with on Friday was great. I got the opportunity not only to hear from the principal and other leaders in the firm but also some of the younger set, which made the interview a unique experience. This firm does a wide variety of outstanding work, it is obvious that this set works hard to create projects that exceed standards. I think that I could learn a lot from this firm and have no problems getting enough IDP hours to sit for my ARE within 3 years... which is a huge goal for me.

Which makes this even harder.

There are three firms that I am currently struggling between. They all offer wonderful things and do exceptional work. I think that in the end up at any of these three firms I would experience wonderful opportunities and develop my skills even further. These firms are competitive, and it makes my decision even harder. This choice that I am going to make come may 1 is going to be difficult. But I am sure that where ever I end up it will be the start of wonderful things. As I wait for two more firms to tell me what they are interested in I will try and concentrate on my studio project which has unfortunately been on the back burner since, well, before spring break.

It's time to get to work.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home