Tuesday, February 20, 2007


For the past few weeks it pretty much felt like i was living in the tundra. It seemed as though at any point i could have seen a group of polar bears meandering around campus ravaging the trash cans for scraps.
Seriously, all my thoughts about moving to Canada for a year were pretty much put to bed, forget about it, too cold. And when i say to cold i mean that my doors were frozen shut, even the key hole was pretty much locked in position. I had to heat my car key up with a lighter, then insert it in the key hole, wait a second, and then i was able to turn the lock. And after throwing a shoulder to the door frame to loosen the ice formations rendering the door handle useless, i was in. But it didn't stop there oh no, once i was in my car it had some trouble turning over in the 1 degree weather.
When the high of the day is 5 and the wind chill is -5 it makes for a long unhappy walk back to my car in the lot. And chances are that it's going to be frozen shut..again. My next thought is "Maybe tomorrow i will swallow my pride at 9:00 and spray the door seals with WD-40 while all my fellow classmates are walking by in the parking lot, wondering to themselves what i am doing to my grandma-mobile."
But thankfully today was much different than the last few weeks, it has suddenly gotten so much warmer! Today we were in the 40's and 50's, i think i broke out a little sweat while walking back and forth between Hale Library media center and Seaton Hall [204 A].
There was sun shinning into studio work space. Today it felt, actually physically felt like we were getting closer to may, which is kind of the kick in the pants that i needed to focus on my project. Which at current state has been the hardest thing to actually concentrate on. There is always something more entertaining going on, like hiding classmates cars keys in various places (the trash can) so that when they leave (at 6 am) they have to do a little treasure hunt ( and get super mad) which is always fun, who doesn't love a good treasure hunt!

Only like 79 more days until that little piece of paper is mine! 79 woooo whoooooo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home