Thursday, May 25, 2006

I counted all the days left I have here in Prague, and there just weren’t enough. Now that the semester seems to be rapidly approaching I am just not even close to being ready to go home. I have had so much fun here, it is truly unbelievable. But thankfully there are some awesome days ahead. mack and i pre pirate party

Last night we had our farewell International Student Club party on a boat cursing the Vltava River. Everyone was decked out in Pirate costumes and ready for a good time. Everyone had costumes consisting of striped shirts and torn pants, black was par for the course. It must have been humorous to see a huge crowd of pirates stumble through the subway station en route to our docked boat. After riding a couple of metros to the other side of the city we boarded our vessel and made our way up the river. On board fun was flowing out of every nook and cranny, dancing on the deck, a buffet in the galley, and alcohol pretty much everywhere. At around 11:00 there was a small fireworks display that illuminated the night’s sky, well the night’s sky that was right in front of us. Something about that boat ride made me realize how badly I didn’t want to leave Prague or the friends I have made since being here. The night was capped off with streaking down the Charles Bridge, yeah right I would never do that, but some of the guys did. And it was pretty humorous to watch as they all scrambled to find missing wallets and cell phone after getting fully clothed again. It was a pretty fun night and a good way to end two stressful weeks at school.

the boat

I had a presentation on Monday [which started at 3:00 and ended at 8:00]; I was the last person to present my project to the review board. Let me tell you it was agony to sit through not only presentations in English but as well as ones in Czech. At least the ones that were given in Czech gave me an excuse for not paying attention. But by the time hey reached me, I was happy and the reviewers were tired, so they gave me the thumbs up and told me I had made a wonderful building. I can’t say I was entirely convinced, but I accepted it and was thankful that this meant little to no changes to my drawings had to be made. Sweet! So now I am going to start work on my final model and my final presentation drawings and hopefully get done before the actuall due date, so i can enjoy some beautiful spring days in Prague!



kate and carl on de boat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home